· 1 side of wild salmon, skin on, pin boned
· 75ml beer
· 180g sea salt
· 120g sugar
· 2tsp fennel seeds, toasted
· A handful of fennel tips, chopped
· 75g sour cream
· A few fresh fennel tips
1. Brush the salmon with the beer.
2. Mix the fennel seeds with the sugar, salt and chopped fennel.
3. Lay a layer of the curing mixture on a flat tray and then place then skin side of the salmon over the layer. Cover the salmon with the remaining mixture.
4. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge.
5. Cure for 48 hours.
6. After the salmon is cured, rinse and return to the fridge for another 24 hours to dry.
7. Slice thinly and serve with the sour cream and fresh fennel.