· 500kg mussels
· 150ml cider
· 1 onion, quartered
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 10g dried dillisk, to garnish
· Extra virgin rapeseed oil
· Seaweed vinegar
· Sea salt
1. Place the cider, onion and garlic in a pot and bring to the boil.
2. Add the mussels and cover. Steam for 1-2 minutes until they open.
3. Transfer into a colander and reserve the liquid.
4. Shell the mussels and remove any beards.
5. Dress the mussels with a little of the reserve stock, oil, salt and a little vinegar.
6. Rehydrate the dillisk in cold water and dress with the oil, salt and vinegar.
7. Place the mussels in a bowl and garnish with the dillisk.