· 2 brown trout, scaled and gutted
· Small bunch of fresh lovage
· 200g butter
· 500ml cider
· Sea salt
1. Preheat the oven at 180˚C
2. To cook the fish: make a few diagonal incisions on each side of the fish. This will help with the cooking. Season the fish with sea salt. Stuff the belly of the fish with some of the lovage. Slice the leeks into 2cm rounds and place upright on a large baking tray. Cube the butter and dot around the leeks. Place the rest of the lovage on top of the leeks. Place the fish on top of the leeks.
3. Pour the cider over the fish.
4. Bake the fish for 20 minutes, basting occasionally. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
5. To serve: Place the fish and the leeks on a large serving platter. Blend the sauce with a hand blender. Spoon the sauce over both.